Clinical Planning Taskforce
The planning of health services must be informed by clinical expertise. The Tasmanian Government has recognised this need by establishing a Clinical Planning Taskforce (the Taskforce) to deliver on the Government’s commitment to lead planning for the next stage of the Royal Hobart Hospital precinct.
Scope of the Taskforce
The Taskforce is an advisory body to the Secretary and provides a vehicle to formalise clinical advice to support Tasmanian health system planning. The Taskforce was initially tasked with planning for:
- the models of care and clinical planning for the new hospital beds in Southern Tasmania
- the potential future uses for the J-Block Inpatient building
- updating the Royal Hobart Hospital Masterplan to guide the next stage of the Royal Hobart Hospital health precinct.
The scope has been extended to include:
- advising on broader capital and strategic planning for projects of significance to the Tasmanian health system, including the Launceston General Hospital (LGH) masterplan
- overseeing the development of a detailed plan for the delivery of health services in Tasmania.
The Taskforce will help us deliver an integrated and cohesive plan for Tasmania’s health system by aligning strategic planning for clinical services with capital and infrastructure investment and workforce requirements.
Clinical Planning Taskforce Governance
Download the following Taskforce Governance documents:
- Taskforce Terms of Reference
- Southern Reference Group Terms of Reference
- Northern Reference Group Terms of Reference
Where to get more information