Hobart Private Hospital Tender
On this page
- Hobart Private Hospital is a key health asset with an important role to play in health service delivery in Tasmania.
- After a rigorous, open and competitive process, Healthscope was selected as the preferred operator of the Hobart Private Hospital.
The long-term contract is subject to final negotiations, but Healthscope and the Government have an in-principal agreement that will see:
- a greater return to Tasmania
- improved integration between the Royal Hobart Hospital and the Hobart Private Hospital
- increased capital investment in the site
- improved delivery and continuity of services in line with the Government’s strategic health objectives.
The conclusion of this process will allow the delivery of critical health services to Tasmanians in a way that:
- offers value for the taxpayer
- integrates and complements services already provided by the Department of Health (Tasmania).