Community sector grants and funding
On this page
Our Grants Management Team administer CSO Funding Agreements including:
- preparation of agreements
- processing of grant payments
- monitoring compliance with the terms of the funding agreement.
They also administer the Heating Allowance Scheme including processing:
- payments to eligible recipients.
CSO Funding program areas
Funding to CSOs is administered through a variety of program areas including:
- Specialist Homelessness Services
- Disability Services
- Home and Community Care (HACC)
- Mental Health Services
- Palliative Care Service
- Population Health
- Primary Health
- Alcohol and Drugs Services
- Neighbourhood Houses
- Integrated Family Support Services
- Community Services
- Children and Youth Services
- Out of Home Care
Electronic Grants Management System
- We are currently developing an Electronic Grants Management System (EGMS) to improve grants management and information accessibility to all stakeholders including CSOs.
- The system will allow CSOs to access Funding Agreement information and submit data, including reports, directly through a secure web portal.
- More information will be provided to CSOs when the EGMS is available.
Integrated Financial and Performance Framework
The Integrated Financial and Performance Framework provides for the effective delivery of grant payments to CSOs. It is an integrated financial and performance framework, which sets out the:
- principles and processes of administering, monitoring and acquitting of grants
- roles and responsibilities of stakeholders.
Download the Integrated Financial and Performance Framework
Applying for grants and other funding programs
Department of Health (Tasmania) grants
- Opportunities to receive grant funding from our program areas are quite limited.
- Regular funding rounds are not held.
- When funds are available, we usually advertise the opportunity in each Tasmanian daily newspapers by the relevant program area.
Other grants and sponsorships
Sometimes other grants or sponsorship become available through other avenues including:
- other State Government Agencies and funding programs
- Commonwealth and local governments
- fundraising clubs (such as the Lions and Rotary Clubs)
- well-known national companies.
Information about other potential funding sources
- Tasmanian Government funding opportunities are listed on the Department of State Growth website.
- The Department of Premier and Cabinet Funding Alert Service sends relevant grant program emails when grant rounds open. Learn more on their website.
- The Tasmanian Community Support Levy has regular funding rounds for charitable organisations. Learn more on their website.
- The Tasmanian Community Support Levy also has regular funding rounds for sport and recreation. Learn more on their website.
- The Tasmanian Community Fund advertise grants funding programs in Tasmanian newspapers and on their website.
- Our Community is a national online information and advisory resource for community sector, education and non-profit organisations across Australia. Learn more on their website.
- GrantsLINK enables individuals, businesses and communities to find government grants and assistance. Learn more on their website.
Helpful grants management resources
- Download the Accrual AGFAR Template
- Download the Cash AGFAR Template
- Download the Financial Accountability (AGFAR) Explanatory Notes
- Download the Development of an Integrated Financial and Performance Framework
Where to get more information
Email: [email protected]