- We are active leaders and participants in research and clinical trials.
- We value health research as a driver to improve the quality of healthcare provided throughout the Tasmanian public health system.
- We are committed to integrating health research into our public health system and increase capacity for the conduct of clinical trials.
- To realise this vision, we developed the Health Research Strategy 2020 Forward (Strategy).
- The Strategy was developed in consultation with researchers and the community and draws from broader strategic national reforms.
Health Research Strategy 2020
The Strategy is structured around five integrated cornerstone principles:
- Leadership and Governance
- Partnerships and Collaboration
- Safety, Quality and Innovation
- Accountability and Transparency
- Knowledge Translation
Other health research initiatives
Health research benefits patients through the advancement of medical knowledge. The Australian Government’s Encouraging More Clinical Trials in Australia Project is working to improve the environment in which clinical trials are conducted with a view to improving health outcomes and increasing international investment in Australia. Other initiatives include:
- Australia’s Longer-Term National Health Plan
- Australia’s National Science Statement
- Global Innovation Strategy
- NHRMC Research Quality Strategy
- Australia 2030 Prosperity Through Innovation
Research opportunities for health professionals
If you are a doctor, nurse or midwife and interested in research and development opportunities, please visit our careers website.
Where to get more information
To stay up to date with health research in Tasmania, you can join our mailing list by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org