Safety and quality
- Delivering safe and compassionate care is important to us.
- We work together with our staff and the community to continuously improve our service.
How we work to improve our service
There are many ways we strive to improve our service and care for patients. These include:
- full accreditation with Quality Innovation Performance LTD (QIP)
- connecting with the community
- listening to your recommendations and suggestions
- measuring the care that we provide
- comparing this information to other like hospitals around Australia
- learning from when things do go wrong and making changes
- making sure that all our staff have the skills and qualifications needed to perform their job
- regularly reviewing staff qualifications
- having appropriate processes for appointing staff and developing their skills
- actively participating in research to provide the most up-to-date care available
- supporting ongoing learning for our staff.
Our rights and responsibilities
The Australian government endorse the Australian Charter of Healthcare Rights as the benchmark for healthcare standards in Australia. This means holding healthcare to the highest standards in Australia
We support the promotion and use of this important charter through:
- the prominent display of the charter across the hospital
- ensuring our own complaint and feedback protocols align with the charter
- ensuring our rights and responsibilities documents align with the charter
- using the same healthcare terminology (words and definitions) in our patient information and brochures.
Learn more at the Australian Commission on Safety and Quality in Healthcare.
Your healthcare rights and responsibilities
For information about your healthcare rights and responsibilities, please visit the For Patients section of our website.
Your personal information
For information about accessing and how we keep your personal information and medical records, please visit the For Patients section of our website.