North West Regional Hospital is a modern facility servicing North West Tasmania and King Island.
- We provide high-quality healthcare and specialist services in medical, surgical and allied health specialties through inpatient and outpatient departments.
- We also cater for the emergency resuscitation, surgery and intensive care of most trauma patients and other medical conditions.
- As a secondary level service, we transfer patients to comprehensive tertiary hospitals for some injuries and illnesses.
- We are the largest major hospital in North West Tasmania.
- We provide acute general hospital services to King Island, West Coast, Latrobe and Kentish.
- We appreciate the generosity of Tasmanians, small businesses and large corporations.
- All donations enable us to maintain high standards of patient care through equipment purchases and upgrading of facilities and services.
- We follow strict rules to ensure gifts are safe, appropriate and free of infection.
- All soft or fluffy toys, wooden items, games and other donated items must be new.
- To make a donation, gift or bequest, please contact us.
Volunteering at the hospital
For information about volunteering at North West Regional Hospital, please contact us.
The North West Regional Hospital was built in 1994 and was originally owned privately by Burnie Hospital Limited and leased to the Tasmanian Government.
The Tasmanian Government entered an agreement to buy the North West Regional Hospital in 2010, to invest in and expand the facility.
The hospital now offers services in medical, surgical and allied health specialities through inpatient and outpatient departments, as well as catering for the emergency resuscitation, surgery and intensive care of most trauma patients and other medical conditions.