Parking and access
- We have drop off and pick up zones in front of the main entrance and emergency department.
- If you need to borrow a wheelchair, please ask a volunteer at the main entrance.
- We have a multi-story car park at the hospital.
- You access the car park from Hospital Street.
- The car park is open 24/7.
- There are disabled parking spaces in several locations around the hospital and in the car park.
- There is a bus stop outside the hospital in Hospital Street
- Visit the Metro Tasmania website for current bus information and timetables.
- You'll have to call your own taxi as we do not provide them at the hospital.
- Taxi pick-up is at the front of the main entrance.
- Burnie Taxi Service – phone 03 6431 2199
- Latrobe Taxi Service – phone 03 6424 1431
Help with parking costs
You can get discounted parking if you meet certain criteria. This is called concessional parking. To get concessional parking or permit for you or your carer, you must:
- be staying in hospital patient accommodation
- be a hospital volunteer or driver
If you go to hospital for renal dialysis or oncology (cancer) treatment, you’ll get free parking by displaying your hospital permit.