Disability Health Strategy
About the Disability Health Strategy
The Department of Health is currently developing its first Disability Health Strategy.
The Disability Health Strategy is a commitment to improve the health and wellbeing of people in Tasmania who are living with a disability. It will help us ensure that our public health services meet the needs of all Tasmanians living with a disability.
Our Five Pillars
The Disability Health Strategy will focus on:
- Providing quality health services
- Improving the accessibility of our infrastructure
- Empowering decision-making
- Building our workforce
- Improving our information systems and processes
How can I get involved?
The Department of Health has engaged Annie Curtis Consulting to support community consultation and development of the Disability Health Strategy.
The Disability Health Strategy will be driven by the priorities of community members who access our health system, including
- people with disability and their families,
- providers of disability support, and
There are many ways to get involved, and you can do all of them if you want to! You can:
- Provide written or verbal feedback.
- Attend a community consultation session in person.
- Attend an online consultation session.
You can make a submission in any way that you feel comfortable, including a letter or written statement, email, phone call, or video call. This stage of the consultation process is open until 15 September 2023.
- You can use the Five Pillars as a starting point to provide feedback and share your experience accessing public health services.
- You don’t have to provide input on all areas.
- You can provide input on the areas that interest you.
You can mail your submission to:
Disability Health Strategy c/GRaSP
Department of Health Tasmania
PO Box 125
HOBART TAS 7001
You can email your submission to [email protected]
You can call us on (03) 6166 3876. You can ask about:
- how to participate
- registering to participate
- questions about your submission
- any other questions.
We will call you back if we're not available when you call.
Community consultation sessions
You can register to attend one of the community consultation sessions in person.
- Launceston (1 August 2023). Find more information about the Launceston session and register online.
- St Helens (2 August 2023). Find more information about the St Helens session and register online.
- Burnie (14 August 2023). Find more information about the Burnie session and register online.
- Devonport (15 August 2023). Find more information about the Devonport session and register online.
- Glenorchy (10 August 2023). Find more information about the Glenorchy session and register online.
- Rosny (8 August 2023). Find more information about the Rosny session and register online.
Online consultation sessions
If you can't make a community consultation session in person, you can attend one of our online sessions.
- Monday 14 August 2023 (5pm to 7pm)
- Wednesday 16 August 2023 (10am to 12pm)
- Thursday 17 August 2023 (1pm to 3pm)
- Friday 18 August 2023 (1pm to 3pm)
- Saturday 19 August 2023 (10am to 12pm)
For more information about the development of the Disability Health Strategy and consultation process please contact us.