Cancer Framework and Strategic Plan
On this page
Cancer framework and strategic plan
- The Tasmanian Cancer Framework and Strategic Plan (CFSP) incorporates the structure and key design elements of Tasmania’s cancer care system.
- It also articulates the vision, strategies and actions that can achieve the best possible outcomes for Tasmanians affected by cancer.
- While many things have changed since its development, the CFSP provides a valuable basis for progressing a range of initiatives across the Tasmanian cancer system.
- The Tasmanian Cancer Clinical Network is already progressing many recommendations and developing consumer and health professional resources.
- As some time has elapsed since data was obtained, the workforce and cancer service data (and cancer incidence and mortality rates it describes) requires updating.
- This is being undertaken through consultation with each Area Health Service. It will not be used to change the content of the CFSP, but to provide up-to-date data to inform the next steps.
- The Policy, Information and Commissioning Group and Office of the Chief Health Officer in consultation with the Tasmanian Cancer Clinical Network are collaborating on a process to produce a feasible approach to implement the Cancer Framework.
- This will form a long-term and complex agenda that will take some time to fully realise.
Where to get more information