On this page
Learn about all the facilities and services available for patients and visitors at the hospital.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander services
- An Aboriginal Health Liaison Officer (AHLO) is available at the hospital.
- They can help you and your family if you are an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander patient.
- They provide emotional, social and cultural support.
- They also help you with discharge planning, accessing other services and follow-up care.
How to contact the AHLO
- The AHLO is available Monday to Friday.
- Speak to your nurse.
- Phone: 03 6166 8264
Other services the AHLO provide
- They help improve healthcare services and relationships within the Aboriginal community.
- They work with Aboriginal organisations, other service providers and government departments.
- They educate hospital staff about Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander culture.
Multicultural health services
- A Multicultural Health Liaison Officer (MHLO) is available at the hospital.
- They can help you and your family if you are a refugee, international student or migrant.
- They provide emotional and practical support.
- This includes helping you access culturally safe healthcare services and information.
- The MHLO service is confidential. This means your information is kept private.
- Our MHLO also trains our staff on ‘culturally safe’ practices for a wide variety of cultures.
Help if you don't speak English
- We have a person available to help you understand health information if you don’t speak English.
- This person is called an ‘interpreter’.
- This service is free.
How to contact the MHLO
- The MHLO is available Monday to Friday.
- Speak to your nurse.
- Phone: 03 6166 8126
- Email: [email protected]
- Our chaplaincy service provides compassionate emotional and spiritual support.
- This support is available to you and your family and visitors.
- We are available 24 hours a day.
- Chaplains are assigned to wards/units and visit patients where appropriate
- We can arrange a specific religious faith or denomination representative/clergy to visit you.
- Please phone the chaplaincy service on 03 6166 8487 to arrange this.
- If you are phone outside office hours and need urgent spiritual assistance please phone the chaplaincy service switchboard on 03 6166 8308.
Hospital chapel and services
- The chapel is located on the first floor of C Block.
- It is open 24 hours a day for your quiet prayers and reflections.
- Notifications of services are made over the public address system.
|Morning prayer services||Weekday mornings|
|Weekly chapel services||Sundays at 11am|
|Catholic mass||Wednesdays at 5pm|
|Saturdays at 5pm|
|Sundays at 4.30pm|
|First Friday of each month at 5pm|
- Visitors may purchase meals in the hospital dining room between 7:00 am and 7:00 pm.
- The dining room is located on the ground floor in D Block.
Meals and dietary requirements
- As a patient, you will be provided with a choice of meals and menu plans.
- Menu plans are delivered with breakfast and collected between 9:30 am and 12:00-midday.
- You may be prescribed a special diet as part of your treatment.
- If you are on a special diet at home or have a food allergy, please tell the nursing staff.
- A hot beverage is served at mealtimes.
|Breakfast||7:00am to 8:00am|
|Lunch||12:00-midday to 1:00pm|
|Evening Meal||5:00pm to 6:00pm|
- The Central Auxiliary Kiosk and Coffee Shop is open every day.
- It is located in the forecourt, outside Liverpool Street entrance.
- It serves hot food, sandwiches, fruit, cakes, hot and cold drinks.
- You can also buy gifts, flowers and balloons.
- The kiosk also operates a trolley service to wards (Monday to Friday)
- The trolley service sells newspapers, magazines, fruit, drinks and personal items.
- All profits go towards buying special equipment for the RHH.
Hours of opening
- Monday – Friday: 8.30 am to 6.30 pm.
- Saturday, Sunday and Public Holidays: 11.00 am to 6.30 pm.
K Block Cafés
- Pounds and Ounces, and Green Panda are privately operated businesses.
- Located on the Ground Floor K Block next to Campbell Street entry.
- Go to their website to view the selection of drinks and food they have available.
- Pounds and Ounces | Monday to Friday – 6:00 am to 5:00 pm daily | Saturday and Sunday – 8:00 am to 2:00 pm
- Green Panda | Monday to Friday | 6:00 am to 5:00 pm daily
- The hospital is unable to do any laundry for your personal clothing.
- We can supply pyjamas or gowns if you come in as an emergency patient.
- A mobile library service visits the hospital wards every week.
- This service is provided by our volunteers.
Internet access, TVs and electronics
- There is no public internet access available within the hospital.
- Overhead televisions are available for hire. Please ask when you come to hospital.
- Please avoid bringing your own electronic device.
- You may use your own handheld device (like a tablet) if you are staying in hospital for.
- Our staff will talk to you about our safety policy for handheld devices.