Teaching at Launceston General Hospital
On this page
- We are an accredited teaching hospital.
- We work with many universities to provide clinical experience in practice for students within different areas of medicine. nursing & midwifery, Allied Health and Pharmacy
- We have a close working partnership with the University of Tasmania.
- We have students from the schools of Medicine, Nursing and Midwifery, Pharmacy and Allied Health.
- The students are able to learn skills in a clinical environment.
- We are also a major teaching hospital for postgraduate trainees.
- The students work in specialty medicine, surgery and post-graduate nursing programs.
Receiving care from a medical student
- It is important for students to get as much clinical experience with real patients as they can.
- We encourage you to participate if you are comfortable.
- You have the right to refuse to have a student be part of your care.
Research and innovation at the hospital
- We encourage research and innovation throughout the hospital.
- The Clifford Craig Foundation funds hospital research.
- Learn more about Clifford Craig Foundation.