Transport for non-emergency patients
On this page
- Health Transport Services (HTS) transports non-emergency patients across Tasmania.
- It operates from five base stations.
- HTS operates from 7:30 am - 5:00 pm, Monday to Friday.
- The phone number is 1300 513 997.
The role of HTS
- HTS is a pre-booked transport service for non-emergency public patients.
- There is no cost to the patient.
- We use HTS when other transport is not suitable.
- Most transfers are between hospitals or for discharges to nursing homes.
- You can refer a patient for HTS transport for outpatient appointments, discharge or palliative placement.
- Members of the public cannot access the service directly.
- We do not generally transport patients to or between private health care facilities.