On this page
- Ambulance Tasmania service fees are prescribed under the Ambulance Service (fees) Regulations 2021. Different fees apply to different services.
- Medicare does not cover ambulance services in Australia.
- Medicare is Australia’s public health care insurance scheme.
- This means you may have to pay for an ambulance service.
Types of ambulance services in Tasmania
- Emergency road ambulance services.
- Emergency air ambulance services.
- Medical retrieval.
- In-flight paramedic services.
- Non-emergency ambulance transport.
- Repatriation (returning someone who is sick, injured or has died to their own state or country).
- Inter-hospital transfers (between two different hospitals).
What to do if you can’t afford to pay the ambulance costs
How to request an extension or payment plan
- Phone: 03 6166 3865 (press 5).
How to request a review
- Ask us about how to apply for a review to waive some or all the cost.
- Waive means we will remove the cost.
- Phone: 03 6166 1954 or email [email protected].
How to ask us questions