On this page
- Ambulance Tasmania service fees are prescribed under the Ambulance Service (fees) Regulations 2021. Different fees apply to different services.
- Medicare does not cover ambulance services in Australia.
- Medicare is Australia’s public health care insurance scheme.
- This means you may have to pay for an ambulance service.
Types of ambulance services in Tasmania
- Emergency road ambulance services.
- Emergency air ambulance services.
- Medical retrieval.
- In-flight paramedic services.
- Non-emergency ambulance transport.
- Repatriation (returning someone who is sick, injured or has died to their own state or country).
- Inter-hospital transfers (between two different hospitals).
View ambulance costs if you live in Tasmania
View ambulance costs if you are visiting Tasmania
What to do if you can’t afford to pay the ambulance costs
How to request an extension or payment plan
- Phone: 03 6166 3865 (press 5).
How to request a review
- Ask us about how to apply for a review to waive some or all the cost.
- Waive means we will remove the cost.
- Phone: 03 6166 1954 or email [email protected].
How to ask us questions
- Phone: 03 6166 1954
- Email [email protected].