Aero-medical and medical retrieval services
- This service is for patients requiring movement within and outside Tasmania.
- We transport patients between facilities.
- We also provide mobile critical care.
- We use road and fixed wing air ambulances, special operations vehicles and a rescue helicopter.
- Adult and paediatric retrievals are by our team from Launceston.
- Neonatal and some paediatric retrievals are by our Neonatal Emergency Transport Service from Hobart.
- Transport depends on available resources, weather conditions, destination and patient situation.
- Only one retrieval team and one fixed-wing aircraft are available for all of Tasmania.