- Ongoing compliance is assured by having an accredited person test and re-certify a radiation source.
- As the licence holder, it is your responsibility to have radiation sources you use periodically tested and certified.
- The certification period is given in Regulation 6 of the Radiation Protection Regulations 2016.
- A letter reminding you to have your radiation source tested and certified is sent approximately eight weeks before the current certification expires.
- A radiation source must not be used unless it has a current certificate of compliance.
- To arrange testing and certification, contact one of the accredited testers.
Information for new equipment only
If you obtain a new radiation source from a licensed supplier who holds a Tasmanian radiation licence, they may issue you a certificate of compliance without the need for further testing once the new radiation source has been authorised for possession, acquisition and storage in Tasmania.