Dental health service for babies, children and teens
We offer dental health services for babies, children and teens up until the age of 18 living in Tasmania.
- We help Australian citizens, permanent residents and asylum seekers.
- Non-Medicare cardholders (including international students living in Tasmania) will need to contact a private dentist.
- We can help in an emergency if you are in a remote area and there is no private dentist.
What services we can provide
Our dental and oral health therapists provide most of the dental care. These include:
- examination and check-up of the mouth, teeth and gums
- any necessary treatment decided upon when you have your check-up
- any preventative treatment (for example cleaning and x-rays)
- advice on healthy eating
- tips on how to care for your mouth, teeth and gums
- mouthguards (for eligible children/teens)
If you need to be referred to a dentist, we will discuss this with you.
- Most of the services provided will be bulk billed through Medicare. This means you may not have to pay.
- This will be deducted from your current Childs Dental Benefits Schedule (CDBS) entitlement.
- If you do not receive CDBS or use up all your benefits, we will not charge you any additional fees.
What happens when you turn 18?
- If you or your child turns 18 during treatment, your planned treatment will be completed.
- Once you or your child turn 18, any new or further dental care can continue at one of our major centres.
- You need to have a current Health Care Card or Pensioner Concession Card. Learn more about Dental Health Services for Adults or call 1300 011 013 to make an appointment.
- If you or your child are no longer eligible to use our service, any new treatment will need to be through a private dental provider.
How to make an appointment
Dental and oral health services for children are available across Tasmania.
How to make a telehealth appointment
To help support you, we invite you to chat with one of our friendly dental team members via telephone or video link from the comfort of your own home.
- Fill out the telehealth appointment form or call us on 1300 011 013 and a member of our dental team will arrange a time with you.
- Telehealth appointments will be made between 9:00am and 4:30pm Monday to Friday (except public holidays).
If you or your child are not feeling well, please call 1300 011 013 to cancel, reschedule or to make a telehealth appointment.
Some of our clinics have varied opening hours after Covid-19 restrictions. You can view the full list of clinics and make an appointment.