Dental health service for adults
On this page
Dental services for adults are provided from six major dental centres:
Accessing adult dental health services
- You must hold a current Pensioner Concession Card or Health Care Card.
- If you don’t have one of these cards, you will need to book a private dentist.
How to make an appointment
- Call 1300 011 013 and speak to one of our friendly team.
- We will ask you questions about what you need. This is called ‘triaging’.
- If your problem is urgent, you will be offered an appointment to treat this problem only.
- If your treatment is not urgent, you may be placed on a waiting list.
- Once you reach the top of the waitlist, all your work is scheduled
- We will book you as many appointments as you need to complete your treatment.
If you are not feeling well, please call 1300 011 013 to cancel or reschedule.
How much appointments cost
You will need to pay for some of your treatment. This is called a co-payment contribution.
Find out co-payment costs for different services below or download this information sheet on co-payment costs.
Our staff will discuss co-payments with you before treatment is provided.
Co-payments for adults (applicable from 1 July 2022)
|Type of dental care||Co-payment amount|
|General dental care, such as a check-up, scale and clean and fillings.||$45 per appointment|
|Priority dental care to treat an urgent single dental problem.||$45|
|Some high-cost treatments incur additional co-payments.||These will be discussed at your appointment.|