Community Rapid Response Service
Call 000 for urgent medical assistance.
The Community Rapid Response Service (ComRRS) provides healthcare for people at risk of needing to go to the hospital with an acute illness, injury or deterioration of a pre-existing condition.
How to access ComRRS
- You will be referred to ComRRS by your doctor (GP).
- A ComRRS nurse will respond to you within four hours of referral.
- ComRRS does not replace an ambulance (000) call if your condition is critical and/or an urgent response is required.
Who will provide your care?
Your care will be planned by a variety of healthcare professionals, including:
- nurse practitioner
- community nurses
- your GP
- other health professionals as required (for example, physiotherapists and occupational therapists).
Where your care will take place
Your care can be delivered in:
- your home
- residential aged care facility
- another appropriate setting in the community.
There is no cost for the service, other than your usual GP visit and prescription costs.
Conditions treated by ComRRS
Health conditions treated by ComRRS include (but are not limited to):
- Acute injury or illness (for example, falls, influenza, gastro)
- Exacerbation of chronic health conditions (for example, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease, heart failure, diabetes)
- Infections (for example, respiratory tract, cellulitis, urinary)
- Nutritional deficiencies (for example, anaemia, dehydration)
- Acute renal or urinary conditions (for example, acute urinary retention)
- palliative care.
Types of treatments performed include (but are not limited to):
- rapid assessment with direct feedback to the GP
- intravenous antibiotics
- medication management or infusions
- intravenous or subcutaneous fluid
- central venous access device management and support (for example, PICC, Hickmans, Infusaport)
- urinary catheter management.
How to contact us
- This service operates from 7:30 am to 9:30 pm, seven days a week (including public holidays).
- After-hours advice and support are provided by GP Assist (9:30 pm - 7:30 am, seven days a week).
03 6777 5120
03 6173 0844
03 6173 0832