Child Safety and Wellbeing Panel
On this page
The Child Safety and Wellbeing Panel (the Panel) is an independent standing panel that supports review of serious child safeguarding events referred by the Secretary of Health. The role of the Panel is advisory in nature.
The Panel includes a Chair, two (2) independent members and a consumer representative with lived experience.
The scope of the Panel includes, but is not limited to:
- Reviewing and assessing all serious child safeguarding events referred by the Secretary, including completing a root cause analysis of the event.
- Conducting defined research, reviews, inspections or evaluations, providing independent advice and evidence-based solutions to the Secretary.
- Assist the Department in quality and safety decision-making in relation to child safeguarding.
- Advise the Secretary on options for quality improvement in structures, systems, processes, and tools in relation to child safety.
- Advise the Secretary on options for systematic management of safety and quality learnings from serious child safeguarding events.
- Advise the Secretary in relation to the appropriate escalation of risks relating to trends identified through the review of investigation findings.