Parenting centres are part of the Child Health and Parenting Service (CHaPS). They offer day services and offer support for a range of parenting needs including:
- breastfeeding and feeding
- sleep and settling
- post-natal wellbeing and depression
- positive parenting behaviour management
- social and emotional development
- child and parent relationship and communication
- toileting and toilet training
- general parenting difficulties
Parenting Centre consultation and support is provided on an individual or group basis, and clinicians will discuss with you which service would be the best to meet your needs.
How to contact us
For more information, you could discuss your parenting needs with your local CHaPS clinic who may refer you to the Parenting Centre or please call CHaPS and request the Parenting Centre in your region.
Bookings are essential and a Child and Family Health Clinician will speak with you to understand your needs.
Parenting Centre Locations:
To contact all parenting centres, call 1300 064 544.
Walker House, 17a Walkers Avenue, Newnham TAS 7248
35 Mace Street, Burnie TAS 7320
232 New Town Road, New Town TAS 7008
Fees and charges
All Parenting Centres services are free for families with children aged 0-5 years.