With all major specialties, we offer unique medical opportunities at over 360 sites in:
- acute health settings
- primary health settings
- accredited university teaching hospitals.
- urban and rural locations
- expansive area health services
- dynamic community settings.
What we offer
- Excellent opportunities for professional career development.
- Close links to the University of Tasmania and conjoint appointments.
- Active post-graduate education programs.
- Right of private practice in agreed circumstances.
- Free medical indemnity.
- Teaching opportunities.
- Exciting prospects to contribute to research.
- Access to advanced technology and facilities.
- Links with other health organisations.
- Excellent training and development opportunities.
- An inclusive environment committed to equity and diversity.
- Flexible workplaces with opportunities to create a better work/life balance.
- Competitive benefits (superannuation, salary packaging, salary sacrifice, leave packages).
- Specialist arrangements may include cars, communication and technology packages.
- Relocation packages.
- Assistance with immigration.
- Support for obtaining mandatory professional registration.
Doctors in training
As a doctor in training, you will:
- develop your clinical skills
- work in a range of settings
- be part of a dynamic small teams
- experience varied and stimulating caseloads.
Starting your career with us gives you the opportunity to:
- develop extensive practical skills in a wide variety of specialties
- advance your career quickly
- expand and develop your management or specialist clinical skills.
Our workplace structures provide you broad career pathways and opportunities for growth. Learn about training and development opportunities with us on our website.
Medical indemnity insurance provides financial protection to health professionals in situations where a patient sustains an injury, illness, financial loss, or any other form of harm as a result of healthcare services provided to them.
We are committed to supporting you through medical indemnity. Please contact our hospital representatives for clarification or more information.
We encourage and support medical research and innovation. Our main research organisation partners are:
- Royal Hobart Hospital Research Foundation Incorporated
Promotes and funds medical, healthcare and biomedical research.
- Clifford Craig Medical Research Trust
Sponsors medical research at Launceston General Hospital.
Tasmanian Rural Generalist Pathway
Doctors with Rural Generalist (RG) qualifications are highly sought after across Tasmania.
Opportunities include working in:
- Remote communities where doctors require additional critical care skills such as Antarctica and the Bass Strait islands.
- Larger rural communities with hospital facilities such as Queenstown, Scottsdale and St Helens.
- Larger hospitals that need "broad scope" RG doctors who have good general practice skills as a foundation to complement their hospital specialty skills, such as emergency departments in the North West.
- Private hospitals with emergency departments and/or 'in-house' medical officers.
- Specialised skills in community practice such as working in mental health or palliative care services.