TAZREACH cultural awareness training
On this page
Outreach services funded by TAZREACH are socially and culturally appropriate for Tasmanian Aboriginal people living in Tasmania.
It is recommended that all clinicians and supporting staff undertake appropriate training for the purposes of developing sensitivity to cultural difference and cultural diversity.
There are currently two options available for cultural awareness training in Tasmania.
The Tasmanian Aboriginal Centre (TAC)
The TAC provides accredited Cultural Awareness Training which is available in all regions. For enquires please:
- email: [email protected]
- phone: 03 6234 0700
The Department of Health (Tasmania)
- We offer an Aboriginal Cultural Awareness e-learning module.
- This is a short 30-minute, freely available resource to improve Aboriginal cultural awareness in services and organisations.
- It was developed in partnership with Aboriginal people in Tasmania.
- The module is available for community sector, government and non-government organisations.
- Please visit the Aboriginal health and cultural respect pages of our website for more information or to access the Aboriginal Cultural Awareness e-module.