Sexual Assault Support Services
Sexual Assault Support Service (SASS) is a free and confidential service for:
- people of all ages affected by any form of sexual violence
- people experiencing trauma responses (including high levels of distress or anxiety) as a result of recent or historical sexual assault
- children and young people displaying problem sexual behaviour or sexually abusive behaviour.
We offer a range of support and services including:
- 24/7 Crisis Response Service
- support to health professionals including training workshops
- community education activities.
24/7 Crisis Response Service
Phone 1800 MYSUPPORT (1800 697 877) - 24 hours a day
This service provides 24-hour crisis response and support for survivors of recent sexual assault. We also help your support persons (family members, friends and health professionals). Our on-call counsellors can provide information about:
- having and coordinating a forensic medical examination and/or medical check-up
- accessing emergency contraception
- reporting the crime to police and coordinating your statements
- accessing counselling and support
- referrals to other agencies.
How to contact SASS
- Address: PO Box 217, North Hobart TAS 7002
- Phone: 03 6231 1811 or 03 6231 0044
- Website: http://www.sass.org.au
- Email: [email protected]