LGBTIQ+ health services and groups
There is a range of health services and groups you can access in Tasmania for LGBTQI+ health advice and support.
Working it Out
Working it Out helps people and their families negotiate gender, sexuality and or intersex status in Tasmania.
Tel: 6231 1200
Tasmanian Gender Service
- Tasmanian Gender Service is for children and young people under 18, and their families, who are experiencing gender related issues and treatment.
- The Tasmanian Gender Service provides advice, assessment, and treatment as appropriate. Referral required.
Sexual Health Services Tasmania
- Sexual Health Service Tasmania provides information on sexuality and gender identity and support to people 17 years and older who have gender concerns or queries.
- Sexual Health Service Tasmania operates in Hobart and Launceston
PFLAG Tasmania provides help, support and information for parents, friends and allies of LGBTIQ people in Tasmania.
Transgender Tasmania is a community led peer support and advocacy group for trans and gender diverse Tasmanians.
Queer Youth of Tasmania
Queer Youth of Tasmania is a LGBTI online social group based in Tasmania.
Equal Together is a Tasmanian group raising awareness of human rights issues and providing a social and support network for gender diverse individuals and families, friends and supporters.
Equality Tasmania is a community-based organisation campaigning for LGBTI human rights in Tasmania.
QLife provides LGBTI peer support and referral for people wanting to talk about sexuality, identity, gender, bodies, feelings or relationships.
Tel: 1800 184 527
Minus18 is a youth driven network for LGBTIQ young people. It provides events, articles, training and resources.
Tel: 0478 098 540
Trans Health Australia
Trans Health Australia is a transgender advocacy and peer support network.
Transcend is a parent-led peer support network and information hub for transgender children and their families.
Gender Help for Parents Australia
Gender Help for Parents Australia is a website providing information for parents and carers to find help and support for their children.
Lifeline provides all Australians experiencing a personal crisis with access to 24-hour crisis support and suicide prevention services.
Tel: 13 11 14
Equal Opportunity Tasmania
Equal Opportunity Tasmania aims to foster a society free of discrimination, prejudice, bias and prohibited conduct by administering the Anti-Discrimination Act 1998 (Tas). Equal Opportunity Tasmania provides help with making a complaint about discrimination or other unlawful conduct and offers training, education and resources.
Tel: 1300 305 062
Headspace is a free, youth-focused health service for young people aged 12-25 who are:
- feeling down, depressed or anxious
- having difficulty sleeping or concentrating
- being hurt or bullied
- worried about drinking or drug use
- needing sexual health help.
Tel: 6231 2927