Palliative care volunteer support service
Volunteers are an invaluable part of our palliative care support network. They share their time with people who are living with a life limiting illness and their families. As part of the palliative care team, our volunteers provide:
- support to people in a non-judgemental manner, with no religious or spiritual affiliation
- confidential, personalised care
- emotional and practical support.
What palliative care volunteers can do?
Our palliative care volunteers provide:
- short-term respite
- transport to appointments or outings
- practical support in the home
- emotional support and listening
- complementary therapies
- bereavement support to families and carers.
- administer medication
- undertake nursing duties and personal hygiene
- privately negotiate arrangements with patients.