Palliative care after hours phone support
On this page
After hours phone support
- This is a Tasmanian tele-triage service run by GP Assist.
- The phone number is (03) 6165 2348.
- Opening hours are 6:00 pm - 7.45 am (Monday-Friday) and 24-hours (weekends and public holidays).
- This is a free service. The only cost is the cost of the phone call.
- It is staffed by qualified registered nurses with access to GPs if required.
Who can access after-hours phone support?
This service is for palliative care patients, carers and family members. Patients must be clients of:
- Specialist Palliative Care Services
- Community Nursing Services
- General Practitioners
Referring to palliative care after hours phone support
- If you have palliative care patients who may need support, advice or reassurance after hours, please complete the client referral form and fax to (03) 6273 1788.
- Please ensure you have the patient’s consent to pass on this information
- This information will assist us to have a better understanding of the patient’s needs for timely and appropriate support.
- If your patient calls our service, GP Assist will update you the next working day.
- They will include the reason for the call and any recommended actions.
Resources to download