Tasmanian Adult Palliative Care Formulary
The Tasmanian Palliative Care Formulary is a resource for healthcare professionals caring for adult patients who require palliative care. It is not a resource for patients and carers.
What it includes
The Tasmanian Palliative Care Formulary includes:
- listings for 90 medications with specialised palliative care indications
- routes and dosing, including via syringe drivers
- variations on usual prescribing for this patient group
- summaries that compare medications within a class (for example, NSAIDs, benzodiazepines)
- links to symptom management guidelines, syringe driver compatibilities, opioid conversion tables, PBS information
It does not include information on paediatric, pregnant or breastfeeding patients. For these patients, please seek specialist resources and advice.
How to access it
- Visit the Tasmanian Palliative Care Formulary website from your smartphone, tablet or computer.
- There is no registration or log-in required for access.
- You can also email [email protected] for website support, feedback and comments.