Forms and guidelines for nurse practitioners
Nurse practitioner authorisation in Tasmania
In Tasmania, nurse practitioners must be authorised under Section 25B of the Poisons Act 1971 to possess, prescribe, and supply scheduled substances. To obtain this authorisation the nurse practitioner applies to the Chief Pharmacist in accordance with the guidelines and application form.
Access the guidelines and application form for authorisation for nurse practitioners in Tasmania:
- Nurse Practitioner Authorisation to Prescribe Scheduled Substances Guideline and Application (V3.0 February 2020)
- Section 25B Nurse Practitioner Application to Prescribe Form (February 2020)
Forms for nurse practitioners
The following activities require a licence, permit or authority:
- prescribing of clomiphene, retinoids, thalidomide and other substances as per the Poisons Regulations 2018
- prescribing and supply of clozapine
- possession of more than 5g of diazepam.
Application forms can be obtained by contacting the Pharmaceutical Services Branch.