Food safety resources
Industry bodies and organisations
- Food Standards Australia New Zealand
- Department of Natural Resources and Environment Tasmania: Food Security
- Food Safety Information Council
- Local Government Association of Tasmania
- Tasmanian Dairy Industry Authority
- Tasmanian Shelfish Market Access Program (ShellMAP)
- Public Health Laboratory
- Food Safety Guide for Family Day Care Educators
- Food Safety Manual for Tasmanian Education and Care Services
- Guidelines for Notification of Notifiable Diseases, Human Pathogenic Organisms and Contaminants
- Manufacturing Controls for Raw Egg Products
- Guidelines for Mobile Food Businesses
- Food Business Risk Classification System
- Australia New Zealand Food Standards Code
- Food Act 2003
- Food Regulations 2012
- Public Health Act 1997
Allergies and allergens
A food allergy occurs when the immune system responds to an allergen (an ingredient that is usually harmless) in food. This triggers an immune reaction.
Health and nutrition
For health and nutrition information and guidelines, visit Nutrition and physical activity
Free online food safety training
- We have partnered with the Victorian Department of Health to provide access to their free online DoFoodSafely training program.
- This program gives you knowledge about how to safely handle food in a commercial setting. It is available for all people.
- DoFoodSafely is in four languages (English, Arabic, Chinese and Vietnamese) and future translations (Hindi, Punjabi, Korean and Nepali) are planned.
- Please share this resource, especially with those from non-English speaking backgrounds.
To access the training, please visit the DoFoodSafely website.
Where to get more information
Public Health Hotline – Tasmania