Emergency Dental Scheme
Patients who contact us and are triaged as having an emergency or urgent dental problem may be offered a voucher to see a contracted private provider.
- We will give them the name and phone number of a contracted private provider in their area to make an appointment or we may do this for them.
- We will email or fax an Authority & Claim Form to you with the patient’s details and the ‘Emergency Dental Scheme’ box ticked.
- When the patient’s treatment is completed, please send the Authority & Claim Form back to us for payment. Please include any treatment notes.
- Payment is at the current DVA rates for Dentists.
- There is a cap of $240.00 limited to treatment of the urgent dental problem.
- To undertake endodontic treatments other than for an emergency removal of dental pulp (DVA Item 419), please contact us for approval.
- It is helpful for us to know if you have appointments available. Please contact us.
- For further information, please refer to Part F of the OHST Outsourcing Programs Contract.