Exercises for ankle and foot burns
- Following a burn to the leg and foot it is important to keep your ankle moving.
- This will help prevent stiffness.
- Ankles and toes can become stiff due to the tightening of the scar during healing.
- These exercises will help your foot move normally again following your burn.
- It is important that you do these exercises WHILE your burn is healing and not just after it has healed.
- Do these exercises every hour that you are awake.
- Do 10 repetitions.
- Keep your leg elevated.
- It is also important to elevate your leg during the day to reduce the amount of swelling in your foot.
Types of exercises
Bend your toes as much as you can
Draw circles with your ankle
Point your toes towards the ground and move your ankles in circles.
Bend your ankle so your toes are pointing down to the floor (imagine you are pushing the accelerator down in your care).
Bend your ankle so that your toes are pointing up to the ceiling.
Turn your ankle outwards so that the sole of your foot is facing away from your other foot.
Turn your ankle inwards so that the sole of your foot is facing your other foot.