Opioid pharmacotherapy program
We provide opioid replacement therapy (ORT ) for opioid dependence supported by case managers and doctors at our Alcohol and Drug Service.
Suboxone is generally the gateway medication into treatment.
The majority of the dosing of ORT is by community pharmacists.
There is limited dosing on site at the ADS south pharmacotherapy program.
ORT is also provided by some general practitioners in the community.
How to access our services
For more information about accessing the Opioid Pharmacotherapy Program, contact us.
Opioid pharmacotherapy transfer
If you are moving or travelling from interstate and are already on an opioid-substitution program, you can apply to transfer to our program on a temporary or permanent basis.
- Please print only from the original file (once printed do not photocopy the form).
- The form must be completed by your current prescribing doctor.
- A minimum of four weeks' notice is required for transfers.
- Sending an application does not guarantee acceptance to our program.
- Contact details and instructions to send the completed application are on the first page of the form.