Alcohol and Drug Services
On this page
- The Alcohol and Drug Service is a state-wide service across Tasmania.
- We provide programs and treatment to help you with alcohol, tobacco and other drug issues.
- All of our services are free, voluntary and confidential.
- We work with both adults and young people.
- Intake and assessment
- Case management and coordination of care
- Withdrawal management
- Relapse prevention
- Secondary consultation
- Brief intervention
- Counselling, group work and therapy
- Health promotion, information and community education.
We also provide a variety of programs, interventions and treatment services:
- Community teams - counselling and treatment service
- Withdrawal management services
- Pharmacotherapy program
- Smoking cessation program
How to make an appointment
- Our clinics are located in Launceston, Hobart and Ulverstone.
- We also provide services to rural areas in Tasmania.
- You can refer yourself for an appointment with us.
- Referrals can also be made for you by your family, friends, doctor, or another health service.
To make an enquiry or appointment, please contact us.
Community service organisations
We also fund and work with community service organisations across Tasmania to deliver:
- advocacy support services
- care coordination
- counselling and support services
- family support services
- health promotion, education and training services
- non-medical sobering up facilities and places of safety facilities
- residential rehabilitation programs
- youth services