Opioid pharmacotherapy program information for health professionals
- Opioid replacement therapy (ORT) is used in the treatment of opioid misuse disorder.
- ORT in Tasmania is usually dispensed by a pharmacist with medication dosage supervised by the dispensing agent, in a pharmacy or other health setting.
If the person cannot attend a pharmacy, they can receive:
- takeaway doses
- delivery to a state operated quarantine facility
- delivery to a private residence.
Download the Tasmanian Opioid Pharmacotherapy Program Policy and Clinical Practice Standards for information about:
- eligibility, approval and review of ORT delivery
- delivery by third-party agents
- variation of prescription.
ORT delivery during coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Interim guidance for the delivery of medication assisted treatment of opioid dependence in response to COVID-19
- Delivery of Opioid Replacement Therapy to Hotel Quarantine or Private Residence (including Procedure and Billing Form).
Dosing sheets for community pharmacies
New standardised dosing sheets for recording individual client opioid pharmacotherapy doses are now available in three different formats and can be downloaded below.
- Letter to all Community Pharmacies - Introduction and Implementation of new dosing forms (24 Mar 2016)
- Letter to all Community Pharmacies - New Dosing Forms (27 July 2016)
- Fact Sheet - How to Complete Pharmacy Dosing Sheets (Revised July 2016)
- The following dosing forms can be printed as a blank form and then completed manually.
- When completing the dosing sheets manually, please ensure all details are written clearly so they are legible and easy to read.
- If an error is made when completing the dosing sheets, simply rule a line through the incorrect text and clearly re-write the correct details.
- Certain areas of the dosing sheets can be completed electronically prior to printing.
Monthly Summary Report forms can be submitted to the Pharmaceutical Services Branch by:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: 03 6173 0820
Medication administration charts
- Buprenorphone/Naloxone (Suboxone Film) Administration Chart a PDF, Word, or Excel format.
- Buprenorphine (SUBUTEX TABLET) Administration Chart PDF, Word, or Excel format
- Methadone Syrup (5mg/ml) Administration Chart PDF, Word, or Excel format.
- Methadone Liquid (5mg/ml) Administration Chart PDF, Word, or Excel format.
Where to get more information
Submission of dosing forms
Tasmanian Opioid Pharmacotherapy Program
Policy, incentive payment issues or suggested form changes
- Email: email@example.com