Transition to practice for registered nurses
We welcome your application for a transition to practice position if you:
- have recently qualified as registered nurse
- have less than six months post-registration experience.
What transition to practice offers you
Your transition to practice position gives you:
- additional tailored support
- networking opportunities with other graduates
- support and encouragement beyond clinical placement.
Selection is a competitive process, and you must meet the following criteria to apply:
- have completed an accredited undergraduate nursing course within the last 24 months
- have less than six calendar months experience as a registered nurse at the date of application
- hold the relevant registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia
- hold Australian citizenship, permanent residency or a visa permitting you to work in Australia
- comply with immunisation and conviction check requirements.
2023 recruitment open until 26 July.
How to apply
- Submit your application online at the transition to practice portal on the JobsTas website.
- The portal is only accessible during the defined recruitment campaign.
- We advertise application dates on the JobsTas website.
- If you are a registered nurse, you only need to submit one online application.
- Please provide details of two referees.
The Transition to Practice Handbook details the recruitment process for transition roles commencing in 2023.
Key components of transition
- 6 to 12 months program working up to 76 hours per fortnight
- Rotational shift work (includes day work)
- Diversity of clinical positions
- Extended orientation period (supernumerary time in clinical area)
- Clinical support (preceptors, nurse unit manager, ward and transition specific clinical nurse educators)
- Specific professional development activities
- Professional portfolio development
- Access to online educational resources and programs
- An individual employee email account
- Pay rates and leave entitlements as per the current Nurses and Midwives award
- Competitive salary packaging and salary sacrificing (in some areas)
- Work/life balance initiatives
- Employee assistance program.
For more information about the Transition to Practice program please contact the Clinical Nurse Educators below:
Michael Sherring and Helen Gulliver
(03) 6777 6418
(03) 6166 6177
(03) 6165 8504