Graduate paramedic program
On this page
We offer graduate paramedic vacancies on a fixed term, full-time shift work for 12 months with a three-week induction program and on-the-road mentoring.
You must successfully complete clinical assessments and undertake a driving assessment. We may offer you fixed-term employment at our three regional locations (North West, North or South).
Selection is competitive and based upon criteria including:
- knowledge, skills, qualifications, experience and potential for future development.
- demonstrated physical and psychological capacity to manage the role.
Who are we looking for?
We welcome your application if you:
- are motivated to achieve something meaningful through their work
- enjoy varied and challenging opportunities
- wish to help the community by being active members of a healthcare team
- have good health and fitness
- can remain calm in emergency situations
- can deal with a wide variety of people
- are committed to attaining and maintaining a high level of clinical skills
- are committed to undertaking study programs, training and continued education
- can communicate in a variety of situations and environments
- work as part of a team or in isolation depending on the circumstances.
Download the Department of Health (Tasmania) application guide