- Physiotherapy specialises in human movement.
- We work to improve your quality of life and independence through treatment and community support.
- We also provide education to students and participate in research.
We provide acute and sub-acute physiotherapy services to inpatients and outpatients in Tasmania including:
- care and discharge planning.
You may need a referral from a doctor or other health professional to see a physiotherapist. For more information, please see our Outpatient Clinics website.
Services – Royal Hobart Hospital
Physiotherapy treatment is provided predominately at the bedside, on the ward or in ward gym areas.
Treatment is provided at various locations:
- community settings
- specialist clinics
- Royal Hobart Hospital emergency department.
How to contact us
- Address: Level 2, H Block, Royal Hobart Hospital, 48 Liverpool Street, Hobart TAS 7000
- Business Hours: 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays)
- Phone: 03 6166 8634
- Fax: 03 6173 0278
- Email: [email protected]
North West – Mersey Community Hospital
We support you following:
- major abdominal surgery
- orthopaedic surgery
- recovery from a chest infection or a stroke
- admission from a fall or risk of fall.
We work with you and your family/carers to help you to leave the hospital as soon as is possible. We can liaise with community physiotherapy providers upon discharge from the hospital.