Support for you and your family
- If you have a life-limiting illness, much of your care occurs at home.
- Carers, your family and health professionals provide your palliative care.
- Palliative care aims to relieve physical symptoms, help with social, spiritual, emotional, and cultural needs.
How our team helps you
Our palliative care team will work with you to:
- review your personal health situation
- focus on managing your health symptoms
- help you with advance care planning (thinking about and writing your wishes for your future health care)
- work through any emotional, spiritual and cultural support you need
- bring in different types of health professionals to help you
- work with you to decide the best location and setting for your care.
Resources to help you
The websites/resources listed below are provided as useful links. They do not represent a definitive list of all palliative care-related websites.
The CareSearch palliative care knowledge network is an online resource that brings together evidence-based and quality information for various groups within the palliative care community. The website, which has been funded by the Australian Government as part of the National Palliative Care Program, has a caring resources page with useful links to further information.
Other palliative care online resources
- Australian Government Department of Health and Ageing
- Australian and New Zealand Society of Palliative Medicine
- Better Health Channel (Victoria)
- Cancer Help UK
- Carers Australia
- Guardianship Board (advance care planning)
- Kidney Health Australia
- Macmillan Cancer Support
- Motor Neurone Disease Association
- Palliative Care Australia
- Palliative Care Tasmania
- Palliative Care Victoria
- Primary Health Tasmania
- Very Special Kids
- Victorian Paediatric Palliative Care Program
- Advance Care Planning
Grief and loss online resources
Equipment to help you
- Practical aids and equipment can help you stay independent, which means you can be cared for at home.
- We can advise you on useful equipment to help you make your daily life more comfortable.
- You can access this equipment from a range of sources, including TasEquip.