Inpatient mental health services
On this page
Our inpatient mental health services for Tasmanian adults up to age 65 are located at:
- Mental Health Inpatient Unit, Royal Hobart Hospital
- Spencer Clinic, North West Regional Hospital, Burnie
- Northside Metal Health Unit, Launceston General Hospital
- Millbrook Rise Centre, New Norfolk.
Extended treatment services and residential rehabilitation for patients from across Tasmania are located at:
How to access these services
- Admission is via our adult community mental health teams and hospitals.
- Contact Access Mental Health - Helpline
- Find out about inpatient services for older Tasmanians (over 65)
How much does it cost?
All services are free.
The Safewards program
- We use the Safewards program in our specialist inpatient facilities.
- It encourages patients and staff to work together to make inpatient units safer for everyone.
- Safewards uses 10 simple things that decrease conflict in the inpatient environment.
- Safer means a calmer and more positive place.
- Download the Safewards fact sheet or visit the Safewards website