Standing orders and clinical guidelines
- Standing orders and clinical guidelines help and direct controlling authorities, medical practitioners, nurses, and other persons exercise responsibilities under the Mental Health Act 2013.
- Each is approved by the Chief Civil Psychiatrist or Chief Forensic Psychiatrist.
- The clinical guidelines and standing orders may be modified over time.
- Please check these pages regularly to make sure you are using the most recent version.
- If you identify any errors, please contact the Office of the Chief Psychiatrist.