Information for referring doctors
On this page
To avoid delays, please send referrals to Dr Mathew Wallis.
- Mail: Tasmanian Clinical Genetics Service, Royal Hobart Hospital, GPO Box 1061 Hobart TAS 7001
- Fax: 03 6173 0328
- Email: [email protected]
Please include on the referral:
- Patient's name
- Telephone number/s
- Date of birth
- Relevant test results
- Reason for the referral
- Relevant family history information
- Parent details (for paediatric patients)
Information regarding familial cancer referrals
- The eviQ referral guidelines are designed to help you decide which patients to refer to the Genetics Clinic.
- We receive a large number of referrals for Hereditary Breast and Ovarian Cancer but many patients are uncertain about their eligibility for genetic testing and the process.
- Please note that we determine eligibility for publicly funded genetic testing according to eviQ criteria, and a Medicare rebate applies to women diagnosed with either breast or ovarian cancer in whom the likelihood of finding a BRCA1/2 mutation is determined to be at least 10%.
If you are unsure about whether to refer a patient or not:
- speak to one of our genetic counsellors on 03 6166 8296.