Information for referring doctors
On this page
To avoid delays, please send referrals to Dr Mathew Wallis.
- Mail: Tasmanian Clinical Genetics Service, Royal Hobart Hospital, GPO Box 1061 Hobart TAS 7001
- Fax: 03 6173 0328
- Email: [email protected]
Please include on the referral:
- Patient's name
- Telephone number/s
- Date of birth
- Relevant test results
- Reason for the referral
- Relevant family history information
- Parent details (for paediatric patients)
Information regarding familial cancer referrals
- The eviQ referral guidelines are designed to help you decide which patients to refer to the Genetics Clinic.
- We receive a large number of referrals for Hereditary Breast and Ovarian Cancer but many patients are uncertain about their eligibility for genetic testing and the process.
If you are unsure about whether to refer a patient or not: