Tourism and environmental health
On this page
- Many Tasmanian tourism businesses operate in areas with limited access to medical facilities, mobile phone coverage, shops and pharmacies.
- They face special challenges in managing public health risks and responding to illness.
- For example, the impact of a gastro illness, may not be limited to the health of those affected but can extend to the tourism operation, the local economy and the whole tourism industry.
Guides for tourism operators
Developed in consultation with tourism operators, local government and tourism industry bodies, you can download the following guides for information about reducing public and environmental health risks.
- Environmental health risk management and infection control for tourism businesses
- Environmental health risk checklist for tourism facilities – your responsibilities
- Environmental health risk sickness log sheet
- Background on the development of these resources
Where to get further information
Phone (free call): 1800 671 738
Email: [email protected]