Publications and resources for cancer screening
On this page
The Tasmanian Health Service maintains a range of publications and resources to promote cancer prevention, screening and early detection.
Please note that orders can only be posted to a Tasmanian address.
- Consent to join the BreastScreen Tasmania Program
The consent form covers: BreastScreen Tasmania contacting you and the collection, use, and disclosure of your information. Please note that if you do not consent to join the BreastScreen Tasmania Program by signing the Program Consent you will be unable to have your screening mammogram performed by BreastScreen Tasmania.
- BreastScreen Tasmania Symptom and History Form
A printable form from BreastScreen Tasmania to fill in before you attend your breast screen appointment.
- A day in the life of a radiographer
Read more about Tasmanian radiographer 'Sally' and the services provided by the friendly staff at BreastScreen Tasmania.
- Welcome to BreastScreen Tasmania
A fact sheet about how to prepare for your mammogram appointment, what to expect at the appointment and follow-up.
- Breast Pain (Mastalgia)
A brochure that outlines causes, types and comfort suggestions for breast pain (mastalgia).
- BreastScreen and You
A brochure to help you decide whether to participate in Australia’s breast screening program.
- Understanding breast cancer in men
A publication about how breast cancer can affect men.
- What does it mean for me if someone in my family has had breast cancer?
Information for women who have a family history of breast cancer.
- Why Do I Need More Tests
- This fact sheet provides some information about what happens now that you have been asked to come to an Assessment Clinic for further tests.
- The link between cervical cancer and HPV
A brochure containing information about the Human Papilloma Virus and cervical cancer for women.
- AIHW Cancer Screening Reports
Australian Institute of Health and Welfare (AIHW) data reports on participation and outcomes for the three cancer screening programs.
- RACGP Guidelines for preventive activities in general practice
Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP) guidelines on early detection of cancers
- Tasmanian Cancer Statistics
Published by the Tasmanian Cancer Registry, the registry responsible for collecting, collating and reporting incidence of all malignant neoplasms in Tasmanian residents.
- Tasmanian HealthPathways
Provides localised information for healthcare providers about cancer screening.
- Prostate Cancer
A brochure that explains the symptoms, risk factors, detection methods and treatment options for prostate cancer.
- Testicular Cancer
A brochure explaining the risk factors, testing methods and treatments for testicular cancer.
- The MANual
A humorous booklet containing practical advice on how men can look after their bodies.
Other Publications and Resources
- Healthy Eating for Adults
A brochure containing information about maintaining a healthy diet.
- How do I check myself for melanoma?
Information on on how to check your skin for a melanoma.
- Supporting Someone with Cancer
A brochure to help support someone with cancer.
- What can I do to stop smoking?
Information about the benefits of quitting a smoking habit and where to go for help.
Translated Publications and Resources
- Bowel Screening
Available on the National Bowel Cancer Screening Program website.
- Cervical Screening
Available on the National Cervical Screening Program website.