There are several scholarship opportunities for healthcare professionals to work with us in Tasmania.
Australian Nurses Memorial Centre
The Australian Nurses Memorial Centre is proud to offer scholarships for nurses and midwives. Scholarship applications are open every year from 1st July to 31st August. Find out more on the Australian Nurses Memorial website or email: [email protected].
Nursing and midwifery scholarships
There are various scholarships and grants available to nurses and midwives in Tasmania.
Department of Health Tasmania Scholarships:
Scholarship opportunities outside of the Department of Health Tasmania:
- Australian College of Nursing
- Australian College of Midwives
- Churchill Fellowships
- Australian Nurses Memorial Centre
- Florence Nightingale Grants and Award
- CRANA PLUS
Ida West Aboriginal Health Scholarship
The Ida West Aboriginal Health Scholarship is available to Tasmanian Aboriginal students enrolled or intending to enrol in a health or human services related entry level or graduate entry level course.
- courses must be provided by an Australian registered training organisation or university
- funding is not available for postgraduate study (including honours), except for an accredited entry to practice postgraduate course.
Applications for the 2023 Ida West Aboriginal Health Scholarships open on Friday, 25 November 2022, and close Monday, 30 January 2023.
Find more information including scholarship guidelines and links to the application from our page below.
Ida West Aboriginal Health Scholarship Guidelines page.
Tasmanian Rural Generalist Scholarship
Four Tasmanian Rural Generalist Scholarships are awarded University of Tasmania medical graduates to This scholarship supports career pathways to rural generalist practice in Tasmania.
- Preference is given to Rural Clinical School and the Launceston Clinical School graduates planning to complete their internship at North West Regional Hospital or Launceston General Hospital.
- They also help us attract, employ and retain medical graduates in rural and regional health services.
- Find out more by emailing: [email protected]
Download the Tasmanian Rural Generalist Scholarship guidelines and application form