There are several scholarship opportunities for healthcare professionals to work with us in Tasmania.
Australian Nurses Memorial Centre
The Australian Nurses Memorial Centre is proud to offer scholarships for nurses and midwives. Scholarship applications are open every year from 1st July to 31st August. Find out more on the Australian Nurses Memorial website or email: [email protected].
Nursing and midwifery scholarships
There are various scholarships and grants available to nurses and midwives in Tasmania.
Department of Health Tasmania Scholarships:
Scholarship opportunities outside of the Department of Health Tasmania:
- Australian College of Nursing
- Australian College of Midwives
- Churchill Fellowships
- Australian Nurses Memorial Centre
- Florence Nightingale Grants and Award
- CRANA PLUS
Ida West Aboriginal Health Scholarship
The Ida West Aboriginal Health Scholarship is available to Aboriginal Tasmanian students studying:
- an accredited health or human services related university undergraduate course
- an accredited health or human services related vocational education and training course.
The Ida West Aboriginal Health Scholarships applications for 2023 open on Friday, 25 November 2022, closing Monday, 30 January 2023
Tasmanian Rural Generalist Scholarship
Four Tasmanian Rural Generalist Scholarships are awarded University of Tasmania medical graduates to This scholarship supports career pathways to rural generalist practice in Tasmania.
- Preference is given to Rural Clinical School and the Launceston Clinical School graduates planning to complete their internship at North West Regional Hospital or Launceston General Hospital.
- They also help us attract, employ and retain medical graduates in rural and regional health services.
- Find out more by emailing: [email protected]