On this page
The key people in charge of the Department of Health (Tasmania) are:
- the Secretary
- department heads.
The Secretary is in charge of the Department of Health. The Secretary’s job includes ensuring:
- we deliver services and programs properly
- we employ people to deliver all healthcare services and support
- we follow all rules and regulations
- we manage all complaints
- you can access your personal information
- we always follow your privacy
- all staff and members of the community are safe in our workplaces.
The Secretary also works with the Tasmanian and Australian governments to:
- provide advice about public healthcare and health services
- support the Health Minister and other people in the government
- promote the healthcare needs of Tasmanians