Move More and Sit Less poster - children 5-12 years
Plenty of moving helps children develop and learn, keeping them social, confident and healthy.
Each day children need
60 minutes of huff and puff activity e.g. running or sport.
Including weekly: 3x days of strength activities e.g. jumping or climbing.
Tips for getting active
- Walk or ride part way to school
- Play games or sports at the park
- Build cubbies indoors or outdoors
Children need help to limit
- break it up as often as possible
Daily screen time:
- no more than 2 hours (excluding school work)
Tips for less sitting and screens:
- Screen free bedrooms
- Try music instead of TV
- Swap tablet games for real games
Posters and signage