Pregnancy and Early Childhood Loss Memorial Service 2023
Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day is an annual observance dedicated to honouring and remembering babies who have died due to miscarriage, stillbirth, or neonatal death. This day provides a space for parents, families, and individuals to acknowledge their grief and pay tribute to the lives of the precious babies they have lost.
The Memorial Service includes a selection of readings, music, and a period of silence for personal reflection.
Our next service
Date: Sunday, 15 October 2023
Venue: Join via Teams Live Event or in person at the Royal Hobart Hospital Chapel (C Block Level 1)
Time: 11:00 am
We look forward to sharing this time with you.
The Memorial Service Team
Viewing the service online
The event can be joined via computer: "watch on the web", mobile app, OR a mobile device (phone or tablet).
Watching via PC
When you click on the link, your computer will give you two options: We suggest you click on the second option, "watch on the web instead", and watch the service directly online.
Watching via Mobile Device
You may need to download the app. It is quite simple, but please allow a couple of minutes to do this.
If you already have Teams installed, your device (or PC) will open Teams automatically.
When Teams opens, you may be asked to: "sign in" OR "join anonymously". We recommend you join anonymously unless you already have a Teams account. Select the "join anonymously" link (under the sign-in link), and it will open the live stream.
Questions / Comments / Chat
Please note that in the Teams live event, you will not be able to turn on your camera or microphone. You can write questions or comments in the Q&A or chat section to the right of the viewing screen.
The Service Begins at 11 am
The service will begin at 11 am, and the event will be open for online attendees from 10:55 am. Information slides will be screened before the service commences.
Testing your Connection
Please test the link connection ahead of time, even the day before, to see how it works and how to connect if you're not familiar with using Teams.
The service will be recorded and available after the event. Please call 6166 8846 if you want a copy to be sent to you on a USB memory stick or flash drive.
You may like to have a candle ready to light at the appropriate time during the service. Please make sure the candle is in a safe space.
You may like to have someone with you for support. If you need emotional support or assistance, please contact:
- Lifeline: 13 11 14
- Beyond Blue: 1300 22 4636
- RHH Chaplains (24 hrs): 6166 8308 (and ask for the duty chaplain)
- RHH Grief and Loss service: (business hours M-F only) 6166 8344
- Bereavement Care Network Tasmania
- Other Helpful Services
Helpful hints for viewing the service online
- You may like to select a quiet space where you can watch the service in peace and have time to remember your loved one.
- You may also like to have a candle ready (in a safe space) so that you can light a candle during the service.
- Please open the event link to Livestream well before the start of the service to allow time to settle, relax and enjoy the event.
The link will open a browser and ask you to either:
- Download the Microsoft Teams app
- Continue on this browser
- Open the Teams app
It may be easier to select the second option: "Continue on this browser", unless you have used Teams before.
- Please note the service should be viewable on all types of devices; however, if you intend to use a smartphone or mobile device, you may need to download the app.
- When Teams opens, you will be asked to write your name and click the button: "join."
- You may be in a 'waiting room' until our technical assistance 'admits' you into the service. The service will open a few minutes before the start time.
- Please note that you will not be able to turn your camera/microphone on during this event.
General hints for viewing
- The event will utilise Teams Live Event, meaning viewers cannot participate with cameras and microphones.
- Limit distractions by turning off computer notifications, closing other apps/programs and muting phones.
- The service will be recorded and stored with THS. Recordings will be made available via a USB drive for those that would like one after the event. We apologise that the recording will not be available online.
In the event of a technical issue
We are working hard to minimise any technical issues on the day, but things can go wrong. If you experience technical issues, please try the connection again by clicking on the event link. We have no control over correcting issues related to your connection.
Remember the service will be recorded, and we can send you a copy of the service after the event if you do experience any technical issues on the day.