Pregnancy and Early Childhood Loss Memorial Service
The Memorial Service includes a selection of readings, music, prayer, poetry, candle lighting in memory of loved ones, and a period of silence for personal reflection.
Services are live-streamed via Microsoft Teams Live Event.
Our next service
Date: Tuesday, 15 March 2022
Venue: Live Stream - Pregnancy and Infant loss Memorial Service – 15 March
Time: 11:00 am
We look forward to sharing this time with you.
The Memorial Service Team
You may join via your computer or on a mobile device (phone/tablet).
Watching via PC
When you open the link on your computer, you will have two options. We suggest you select the second option watch on the web instead and watch the service directly online.
Watching via a mobile device
You may need to download the Teams app. It is pretty simple, but allow a couple of minutes for this. If you already have Teams installed – your device (or PC) will open Teams automatically.
When Teams opens, you may be asked to sign in or join anonymously. We recommend joining anonymously (unless you already have a Teams account). Select the join anonymously link (under the sign-in link), opening the live stream.
Questions / Comments / Chat
During the Teams Live Event, you will not be able to turn on your camera or your microphone. You can, however, write questions or comments in the Q&A or Chat section to the right of the viewing screen.
The service begins at 11:00 am
The service will begin at 11:00 am, but the event will be open for online attendees from 10:50 am. Information slides will be screened before the service commences.
Testing your connection
It would be worth testing the link below ahead of time (even the day before) to see how it works and how to connect if you're not familiar with using Teams.
The service will be recorded and available after the event. Please call 6166 8308 and ask for community relations if you would like a copy to be sent to you on a USB.
You may like to have a candle of your own ready to light at the appropriate time during the service. Please make sure it is in a safe space.
You may also like to have someone with you for support. If you need some further emotional help or assistance, you could call:
- Lifeline – 13 11 14
- Beyond Blue – 1300 22 4636
- RHH Chaplains - Call the RHH switchboard on 03 6166 8308 and ask for the duty chaplain.
- Launceston Hospital Chaplains - Call the LGH switchboard on 03 6777 6777 and ask for the on-call chaplain
- Burnie and Mersey hospital Chaplains: Call the NWRH switchboard on 03 6493 6000 and ask for the on-call chaplain.
- RHH Grief and Loss service: (business hours Monday to Friday only) 03 6166 8344
- Bereavement Care Network Tasmania
- Links to other helpful services
Helpful hints for viewing the service online
- You may like to select a quiet space where you can watch the service in peace and have time to remember your loved one.
- You may also like to have a candle ready (in a safe space) so that you can light a candle during the service.
- Limit other distractions – it will be easier to focus if you turn off computer notifications, close other apps/programs, and muting phones.
In the event of a technical issue
We are working hard to minimise any technical issues on the day, but things can go wrong. If something happens, please try to reconnect through the link on the www.health.tas.gov.au/paediatrics page or use this link.
If you need to contact one of our staff to check connection details at the time of the event - don't hesitate to get in touch with the RHH Community Relations Unit office on 03 6166 8846.
Unfortunately, we are not able to correct issues related to your connection.
Remember that the service is recorded, so we can send you a copy of the service after the event if you do experience any technical issues on the day.
We hope you find the service meaningful and helpful for you.
The RHH Chaplaincy Service
Join as a producer or presenter when it’s time for the live event.
Do not forward this invitation to the attendees.
Join with a video conferencing device
email@example.com VTC Conference ID: 1390992157