Working in Health Promoting Ways
Working in Health Promoting Ways (WiHPW) is a resource for health and community workers to address the causes of ill health, reduce the burden of chronic conditions, and create a more sustainable health system.
The vision of wellness is that it nurtures, supports and sustains health via a holistic approach to emotional, financial, physical, social and spiritual factors.
Principles of practice
WiHPW consists of eight principles of practice:
- evidence informed practice
- determinants of health
- a connected approach
- systems change
- supportive environments
- engaging people
Learn more about the principles of practice.
- Health literacy is how a person can find, understand, make decisions, and act on health information. How health and community organisations are set up and communicated make it easier to access health information.
- Learn more about health literacy.
There are seven identified priority areas for health promotion action:
- more active communities, more active people
- nutritious, safe and affordable food
- positive mental health and wellbeing
- less use and harm from tobacco, alcohol and other drugs
- safer environments to reduce personal harm
- positive sexual health and wellbeing
- people are empowered to improve their health and wellbeing
Learn more about the priority areas.
For more information about Working in Health Promoting Ways email firstname.lastname@example.org.