More information about creating a supportive health literacy environment
- R Rudd & J Anderson,The Health Literacy Environment of Hospitals and Health Centers,National Centre for the
Study of Adult Learning and Literacy & Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, 2006, viewed 23 July 2014, http://www.ncsall.net/index.html@id=1167.html
- D DeWalt et al., Health Literacy Universal Precautions Toolkit, Publication No. 10-0046-EF, Agency for Healthcare
Research and Quality, Rockville, MD, 2014, viewed 21 July 2014, www.ahrq.gov/professionals/quality-patient-safety/quality-resources/tools/literacy-toolkit/index.html
- Australian Commission on Safety and Quality in Health Care. Health literacy: Taking action to improve safety and quality
Consultation Report, ACSQHC, Sydney, 2013, viewed 22 July 2014, https://www.safetyandquality.gov.au/publications/literacy-discussion-paper-consultation-report/
- C Brach, D Keller, L Hernandez, C Baur, R Parker, B Dreyer et al. Ten attributes of health literate health care organizations.
Institute of Medicine, Washington DC, 2012, viewed 22 July 2014,
N Thomacos & T Zazryn, Enliven Organisational Health Literacy Self-assessment Resource. Melbourne, Enliven & School
of Primary Health Care, Monash University, 2013, viewed 23 July 2014, http://www.enliven.org.au/health-literacy-promotion/publications
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, Questions To Ask Your Doctor: Questions Are the Answer. Rockville, MD, 2012, viewed 22 July 2014, www.ahrq.gov/patients-consumers/patient-involvement/ask-your-doctor/index.html
- US National Patient Safety Foundation Ask Me 3® resources, National Patient Safety Foundation, Boston, 2014, viewed 21 July 2014, http://www.npsf.org/?page=askme3
Using supporting technology to support people with low health literacy
- EMR Education Center, Providing Better Healthcare Services through a Medical Kiosk, 2013, EHR Scope, Palm Beach Gardens, viewed 22 July 2014, http://www.emrconsultant.com/emr-education-center/emr-selection-and-implementation/providing-better-healthcare-services-through-a-medical-kiosk
- M. Kreuter, D. Farrell, L. Olevitch & L. Brennan, Tailoring Health Messages: Customizing Communication with Computer Technology. Routledge, New York, 2013.
- H. Päivyt, K. Enwald et. al. 'Preventing the Obesity Epidemic by Second Generation Tailored Health Communication: An Interdisciplinary Review', Journal of Medical Internet Research, Vol 12, 2010, No 2.
- AMC Cancer Research Center, Beyond the Brochure: Alternative Approaches to Effective Health Communication, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Denver, 1994, viewed 22 July 2014, www.cdc.gov/cancer/nbccedp/pdf/amcbeyon.pdf