Nursing and Midwifery Executive Masterclass - Senior Leadership
Applications for the Executive Masterclass are now open!
Applications for the 2023 Executive Masterclass close at 11:59pm on Thursday 23 March.
About the Executive Masterclass - Senior Leadership
Through the Office of the Chief Nurse and Midwifery Officer the Department of Health offer a strategic professional development opportunity for senior nurses and midwives. The masterclass is custom designed to explore strategic thinking from the perspective of an organisational executive team member and as a statewide leader against the backdrop of significant workforce challenge and health system pressures.
The masterclass will challenge participants to:
- explore strategic thinking from the perspective of an organisational executive team member and as a statewide leader
- focus on policy making, strategic innovation and its application to the healthcare system
To be eligible applicants must:
- be registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia (NMBA) as a registered nurse or registered midwife
- be working in a Grade 8 or Grade 9 nursing or midwifery position
- be available to attend the masterclass in person
- complete and submit the online application via the portal by the closing date
The masterclass is facilitated through an in-person workshop over one day.
Travel will be required by all participants and transport arrangements are the responsibility of the individual participant.
Program Key Dates
In 2023, the masterclass will be delivered in Launceston on Wednesday 10 May.
Applications can only be submitted online.
Assessment of applications
Each application will be de-identified and assessed against the program eligibility and selection criteria. Assessors will consider the applicant’s learning objectives and response to how learnings will be applied to positively influence the nursing and midwifery professions.
Applicants will be advised in writing via email of the outcome of their application on or shortly after 24 March 2023.
The applicant must:
- Demonstrate understanding of the program learning objectives and requirements.
- Identify their learning objectives for participation in the masterclass.
- Outline how they will transfer learnings to provide strategic leadership and positively influence the nursing and midwifery professions.
Terms and Conditions
If successful, program participants agree to:
- attend the masterclass in person
- actively participate in all sessions
- be willing to participate in the program evaluation
Applications will not be assessed if they:
- do not meet the eligibility criteria
- are not submitted using the online application portal
- are incomplete
- are submitted after the closing date
Further information and feedback
Applicants are encouraged to contact Marina Buchanan-Grey, Deputy Chief Nurse and Midwifery Officer through the Office of the Chief Nurse and Midwifery Officer for further information.
Phone: 03 6166 1570
Email: [email protected]
Frequently asked questions
I am a nurse/midwife employed in the private sector; can I apply?
No. The masterclass is currently only available to nurses and midwives working in the Department of Health/Tasmanian Health System.
How will applications be assessed?
Applications will be de-identified and assessed against the eligibility and selection criteria.
When will I be notified of my application outcome?
Applicants will be advised in writing of the outcome of their application on or close to 24 March 2023.
Will I receive recognition for participating in this program?
Yes, you will receive a certificate of attendance as evidence from the Department of Health when the masterclass has been completed.